How can i sue a LLC business. I filed a suit in county court, but the address the state has for the registered agent is not

Asked about 5 years ago - Atlanta, GA

valid. I have the corporate address, but being an LLC they don't have the names of company officers, because i was going to serve the president of the company. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Paula Jeanette Mcgill


    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . You sue the business in the name of the LLC. The registered agent is designated to accept service of process in legal matter. Therefore, simply serve the registered agent.

  2. Kimberly Ann DeCarrera

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . First, you should try to serve the Registered Agent. If the Registered Agent has not maintained their current address with the Secretary of State, you should perform a diligent search to find the Registered Agent. If after a diligent search, you cannot find the Registered Agent, then you may serve the LLC, at its principal place of business, by registered, return receipt requested, mail.

    This is for informational purposes only, and you may need to seek the advise of an attorney to assist with your specific situation. No attorney-client privilege has attached because of this response. If you would like to talk about possible representation, please contact my office.

Related Topics

Small business LLCs

An LLC (limited liability company) is a business entity that has elements of both a corporation and a partnership (or sole proprietorship).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,354 answers this week

3,338 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,354 answers this week

3,338 attorneys answering