Skip to main content

How can I subpoena text messages from a cellphone

Fort Worth, TX |
Filed under: Litigation

I would like to subpoena text messages from a cellphone that is under my name that my husband uses. Does he have to know?

Attorney Answers 1


Generally, in order to obtain subpoena power, you would need to file a lawsuit and have your attorney draft a subpoena to the cellphone provider. Since your question sounds like it is a family law situation, you would most likely need to file a divorce petition.

Alternatively, you could hire a PI who, operating under the laws of the State of Texas, could obtain information pertaining to the texting.

Here are a couple of links:

Mark as helpful

9 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Litigation topics

Recommended articles about Litigation

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics