How can I stop my husband from selling our home

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Our home was bought during the marriage under his name. I live there with my children, my husband is very abusive and since I refused to keep up with his demand he threatened to sell our home. I found out online that he is trying to sell our home. The house is listed and is pending sale.

What should I do

1. Michael Raymond Daymude

Pro

2

Answered . You should immediately seek the services of a family law attorney. If you have a community property interest in the home, because it was purchased in part with community funds, you will be able to prevent the sale without your consent or a court order. If this is a regular sale, through escrow with title insurance, it is unlikely title would allow a sale without your consent. Still, it is wise to be proactive. Good luck.