Skip to main content

How can I stop my car from being towed from my residence?

Yucca Valley, CA |

At the same time as receiving a 30 day novice to move there is a sticker on one of my cars that it will be towed if not moved by the 24th. The car is the one I registered with. My lease says that no non-operative vehicles can be parked here, but it will only take a battery and possibly some fuses to get it operational. I owe more than it is worth and would prefer a voluntary repossession than towed and be responsible for more debt. I am on disability and cannot afford to make any payment on the car nor can I afford to fix the minor problems. I cannot call the lien holder until Monday which is already the deadline for removal of the vehicle.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Best answer

    Pay for your own tow to take the car somewhere else temporarily. Push the car to another location. Get a non-op on the car from the DMV. Get the car tagged.

    The above information does not establish an attorney client relationship nor is it meant to provide legal advice.

  2. This really is a landlord tenant question. But the best option would be to get it moved, even if legally parked on the road off the private property. This is just a temporary fix. Eventually, the car will be tagged and towed if it does not run.
    This may give you some time to line out an option.
    Best of luck to you.

Traffic tickets topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics