How can I stop a Relative from slandering me ?

My Sister has contacted Several of my Friends on Social Networks. I am gearing up to start a Music Career, and my Sister's efforts have managed to cause some of them to unfriend or Block me. Although right at this time, the damage it may cause won't affect my immediate goals. I can tell that, with me being this close to kicking off my "Creating A Buzz"~(a tactic used to get people talking about my, soon-to-be introduction), finds me concerned about these recent actions on her part, continuing any further. My bigger concern at this time, is about more Mud-Slinging, down my Road. I just want her to stop these envious actions! Can you help me with this? I sure would like to have some sort of guidance here, if possible? Thank you, and I look forward to hearing back from you Soon.

Hays, KS -

Jonathan David Marx

Jonathan David Marx

Personal Injury Lawyer - Bala Cynwyd, PA

Speak to an attorney familiar with defamation and have them send a cease and desist letter, best of luck.

Alan James Brinkmeier

Alan James Brinkmeier

Personal Injury Lawyer - Chicago, IL

Defamation has strict legal defintions, and you don't seem to have any of them in your post.

Try again.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Personal Injury Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

A local lawyer can send a cease and desist letter.

Daniel Knight Dinneen

Daniel Knight Dinneen

Personal Injury Lawyer - Houston, TX

If your sister is actually defaming you (as that term is defined in the law), then yes, there are ways to make her stop.

A lawyer can help you to obtain a temporary restraining order and/or a permanent injunction preventing your sister from further defaming you in the future.

But again, this entirely depends on whether her cations constitute defamation under the law. Do a google search for libel and slander laws in your state and ask yourself whether her cations qualify as one or the other. If so, call a lawyer.

Related Advice