How can I stop a Neighbor from Verbally harassing me

Bloomington, IL |

every week the neighbors across from me have a sign out that says You honk we drink, and if I and my girlfriend go out to the car they holler at me HEY T-REX because I went to high school with them and they had always called me that, how can I put an end to that

Hazing, rudeness and bad manners are not illegal, generally.

If the sign doesn't violate zoning ordinances, there is no nuisance in such cases.

In similar type situations, one neighbor might approach the other (or write a polite letter) and explain that the sign and the nickname are offensive. If that's not practical, most would counsel that the neighbors be ignored.

The information provided here should not be construed to be formal legal advice. The provision of this general advice does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Persons with legal questions are encouraged to seek independent counsel for advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Recommended articles about Real estate