How can i stop a lawyer from sending me letters that are not meant for me??? please i need an answer the sooner the better

Asked over 1 year ago - Corpus Christi, TX

I've been receiving letters from my step dads lawyer, but those letters are actually for my mother not for me, i just wanted to know what can i do to stop this lawyer from sending me this letters because i have nothing to do with their situation, my step dad already has a way of communicating with my mother so i don't know why they are using my address, a feel like they are invading my privacy. please i need to know if i can do anything about this situation.

1. Don Karotkin

Answered . The technically correct answer to your question is no, you cannot force the lawyer to stop mailing letters directed to your mother at your address. What you describe is not an actionable invasion of privacy. However, a phone call to the lawyer should take care of this problem. If not, a polite letter to the lawyer asking him to stop should definitely yield the desired result. If not, you might consider throwing the letters in the trash without bothering to read them. As best I know, there is no legal remedy available to you here.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

1

Answered . Send a certified letter return receipt requested making the request.

Works every time.