How can i sponcer an illigal immagrant so they can work in the us legally?how can i get them legal?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Sylacauga, AL

i know some that has kids here illigal and had babies here so how can i help get them legal as well?there good people and they deserve a chance.i want to get married to an illigal immagrant but want do it until he is legal so i know he realy loves me not for the papers.he hasnt asked to get him legal but i've seen places that said you have to sponcer them so how can i sponcer them and make them legal

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Unless you are his spouse or his employer, you cannot sponsor him for a green card.

    Please see

  2. Stuart Jonas Reich


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Have these people speak to an immigration lawyer to see if there are any options.

    Generally, only an employer or a close family member can sponsor someone - and even then there may not be any practical way to get someone legal, depending on how they entered the U.S. and what other options are available.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,627 answers this week

3,297 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,627 answers this week

3,297 attorneys answering