How can I sever my attachment to my parents in order to become an independent according to the FAFSA and get financial aid?

Asked about 1 year ago - Pennsauken, NJ

I'm 20 years old, living at home with parents in NJ. I get no financial aid based on parental income. Unstable home environment. Need to get out, any means necessary legally of course.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Robert T Trautmann

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . I will be honest, I am not 100% sure of the FAFSA guidelines, but at 20 years old there is nothing you need to do to legally but to move out on your own.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,104 answers this week

2,644 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,104 answers this week

2,644 attorneys answering