Skip to main content

How can I settle my DUI case pending from 2006 while I was an international student in USA.

Miami, FL |

One month before my us student visa expired, I received a DUI and had to leave the country before my court hearing. Although I paid online a fine of 1200$ and hired a lawyer (who didnt do anything for me) but I still have Violation probation warrant issued for me.

I no longer reside in USA

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Hire a different lawyer ... this doesn't appear to be a DUI issue ... it is a probation violation problem ... a completely different matter (although 'related').

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Consult with a different criminal attorney.

Legal disclaimer: For specific advice on your case, Mr. Minawi can be reached at 1-866-929-0991 ext. 206 or by answer does not establish an attorney client relationship.


A good criminal lawyer can intervene and help you through this matter. This VOP warrant will not go away.


I would need additional information to understand exactly what your issue is but it may be possible to retain an attorney (who actually works for you) and put this behind you without you ever having to return to the United States. I cannot be sure, however, until more information is given.

My offices are located in Miami, Florida and I regularly practice before the DUI Judges here. Feel free to contact me to see what options you may have.

Best of luck.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.


You should contact a lawyer who will work for you. There is a possiblity to get your case resolved without having to go to court. (I would need more information to find out what the violations are).
Review my website to see if it answers any questions you may have.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer