How can i separate myself legally and prevent my credit and id from being used by my business partner

Asked about 4 years ago - Millville, NJ

I am involved in an Nj civil union and my partner has a business that is doing very poorly. how can i separate my credit from his, take him off any existing accounts, and block him from getting new credit in my name.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Teri A. Walter

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . He can't open accounts in your name without 1) your cooperation or 2) forgery. If you want to take him off existing accounts, those accounts will probably have to be closed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,512 answers this week

2,722 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,512 answers this week

2,722 attorneys answering