How can I seek damages from an attorney who was extremely negligent? Can I use a recorded phone conversation as evidence?

Portage, MI |

I found that in the heat of the divorce I may not have been at my best, emotionally, spiritually and mentally. Meaning I did not see what is now so very obvious....My representation was less than adequate. I lost my vehicle due to my ex not following a court order to maintain car payments and my attorney simply did nothing to enforce this. Also, I have an email stating that the stock settlement (a portion was defined as "in lieu of spousal support") was mine to use to rebuild my life, get an education, relocate etc. Upon filing my taxes I find out I owe $59000 to the IRS. Prior to this discovery, I had expressed my concern with regards to other issues throughout the process and he decreased his bill from $15,000 to $7000. This was a basic, no assets (but stock) divorce~

If you have concerns about your legal representation:
(1) Send your attorney a certified letter with your concerns;
(2) Talk it over with the attorney;
(3) If NO agreement then file a complaint with the MI State Bar;
AND (4) YES, you can use any taped conversations you have as long
as you were part of the original conversation.
(5) Good luck!

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it.

James M. Osak

James M. Osak

If you need attorney: See: www.contingencyattorneymi.com Good luck again!!

I sincerely appreciate that referral. Thank you.