How can i return a car under the consumer act 1995? ive paid almost half according to my records not including down payment.

Asked 8 months ago - San Antonio, TX

Ive fallen on a hardship, and i am unable to work. i do not want to have this on my credit but i also can no longer afford it. Ive researched this act and im still a little lost on a few things. does the down payment count as the total amount? how should i go about telling the finance company if in fact i do qualify? what amount am i responsible for if i do return it under this act?

1. Mark Allen Land

Answered . I have never heard of the statute to which you refer.

I am not aware of a Texas statute that gives consumers some form of relief because they can no longer pay for the things they purchased. I would be very surprised if there is such a law.

2. Edward James Kazaleh

Answered . What are you talking about? Please go see a Lawyer and rely upon REAL legal advice. If you can not afford one, see if there is a legal clinic at local law schools like St. Mary's that can help for free with students working or legal aid.