How can i return a car under the consumer act 1995? ive paid almost half according to my records not including down payment.

Asked 8 months ago - San Antonio, TX

Ive fallen on a hardship, and i am unable to work. i do not want to have this on my credit but i also can no longer afford it. Ive researched this act and im still a little lost on a few things. does the down payment count as the total amount? how should i go about telling the finance company if in fact i do qualify? what amount am i responsible for if i do return it under this act?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Mark Allen Land

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . I have never heard of the statute to which you refer.

    I am not aware of a Texas statute that gives consumers some form of relief because they can no longer pay for the things they purchased. I would be very surprised if there is such a law.

  2. Edward James Kazaleh

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . What are you talking about? Please go see a Lawyer and rely upon REAL legal advice. If you can not afford one, see if there is a legal clinic at local law schools like St. Mary's that can help for free with students working or legal aid.

    We provide Strong & Cost Effective legal work in Houston and Dallas offices, as well as, by appointment Statewide.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,571 answers this week

3,051 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,571 answers this week

3,051 attorneys answering