How can I renew an expired i-94? Father is a diplomat, complicated situation

Asked over 1 year ago - Newark, NJ

Came to the US when I was 1 year old with my dad who came as a diplomat. My i-94 expired several years ago and was never renewed, beyond my control as I had no idea what an i-94 was until recently. Went to the DMV for a state ID the other day and my expired i-94 stopped me from getting approved. I researched a few things and it seems theres nothing I can do now to get a state ID since my passport is incomplete without the i-94. I also have a social security number, but that doesn't help much. Any idea how I can solve this issue?

1. Ian Edmund Scott

3

Answered . I concur...speak to a lawyer. The government will not care what you did not know and if you have an out of status situation it is time to speak to a lawyer.

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

3

1

Answered . Since the I94 is expired you are more than likely out of status, unless your father received an extension on his and your authorized stay without your knowledge. If your stay has in fact expired, you will not be able to "renew" the I94. Speak with an attorney, as you have not given enough details to advise you.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . I, too, agree.