How can I remove two misdemeanor petty larceny charges from my record in virginia. It's been two years since I was convicted.

Asked over 1 year ago - Roanoke, VA

One charge was originally a felony embezzlement charge, but it was lowered. The other was a petty larceny charge from a store.

1. John Weber III

Pro

4

1

Answered . The process of removing a charge from your record is called expungement. This process is only available to those cases where you were found not guilty or acquitted or the charge was dismissed or nolle prossed. When a charge is reduced to a misdemeanor from a felony, that is a reduction but it means that you were still found guilty of a lesser offense and therefore not eligible to have the conviction removed from your record.

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . No expungement in VA, unless you were completely innocent.