How can i remove my bench warrant?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

I have DUI on 2007 in Los Angeles while going to visit my friend. Now, after 6 years i found down i have a bench warrant issued. That check payment i sent over to the court some how never reach them. What should i do? The bench warrant issued is 10,000 and i own the court 1000. If i need to pay in full, how much i will have to pay?

1. Joshua Kaizuka

Pro

3

Answered . It is unclear if the warrant is for a pending DUI or if it is for failure to pay a fine. The best thing to do is to contact an experienced DUI attorney in LA. The attorney may be able to have the warrant recalled or advise on how to post bail pending resolution of whatever the issue is.

2. Kelvin P. Green

3

Answered . My recommendation is call the court or get a lawyer to go to court and appear for you. The court has the amount. Depending on the court it may be be online... It is probably 1000 plus extra fees but they can tell you.

3. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

2

Answered . An attorney can appear on your behalf to remove the bench warrant. Many reputable attorneys offer a free consultation. My advice would be to meet with one soon before you are caught and forced to spend some time in jail waiting for a court date.

4. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

1

5. Brian Russell Michaels

1

Answered . You just need to go to court. If it was truly an error and you can go to court prepared to pay the fine you should be fine. If you want a lawyer to do it with you, happy to help.

Brian Michaels
    Los Angeles Criminal Defense Lawyer
    www.socalcrimdefense.com
    3109919179