Skip to main content

How can I remove a non biological father from a birth certificate?

Phoenix, AZ |
Filed under: Birth certificate

I have copies of test results. And cannot find any forms to file to remove him.

Attorney Answers 1


You will need an order from the court. If there are any orders regarding paternity, legal decision making (custody) or parenting time regarding the child, you may have difficulty removing the non-biological father's name from the birth certificate. If there are no orders regarding the child, you should be able to have the non-biological father's name removed from the birth certificate by establish paternity in the Maricopa County Superior Court.

The information provided is general in nature and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

Birth certificate topics

Recommended articles about Birth certificate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics