How can I regain the Deed to my financed home that was quit claimed to an organization that no longer exists?

Asked about 2 years ago - Colorado Springs, CO

My wife and I signed a quit claim deed to a "Ministry" who was doing a rent-to-own business for low income/poor credit families. The home is still subject to our financing, and the Ministry has signed a purchase agreement to pay the mortgage, but the deed is now under the name of the Ministry. The owners of the Ministry have since divorced, and at least the wife has filed for bankruptcy. The husband has now fallen way behind on the mortgage, which put him in a breach of contract according to the purchase agreement. He has been unwilling to sign a quit claim deed back to us, and has now all of a sudden disappeared. My folks have driven past the house and said it looks empty. What can I do? I'm a soldier stationed down in TX, and finding the time and money to handle this impossible.

Additionally, we have exhausted our savings to cover the past due mortgage payments. We are now one month behind again, and my credit score has taken a huge hit due to all of this. I can't even apply for a credit card to pay for retaining fees for a low-rate lawyer who was referred to us by the local JAG office. I am in a bad way here, as foreclosure may result in the loss of my clearance.

1. Robert John Murillo

2

1

Answered . You are going to have to hire a Colorado attorney to file for quiet title. Also, given that the home has financing the quit claim would have triggered the due-on-sale clause, You need to act quickly. Good luck.