Skip to main content

How can I reduce a charge of criminal class 2 misdemeanor for littering (a cigarette) so it doesn't stay on my criminal record?

Phoenix, AZ |

I have been cited with Statute 18-6A in Scottsdale, Arizona for littering a cigarette. I wanted to pay the fine but didn't know that's its a criminal offence and will stay on my record (I have no prior convictions or arrests). I plead not guilty. I met with prosecutor and asked for community service and pay the fine but he declined that. I asked if I can get "probation before judgment" and he said he doesn't know what's that. I am schedule to appear in court again tomorrow and don't know what to do or what to ask for so this does not go on to my criminal record.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You need to hire an attorney. They can usually negotiate you a better disposition.

Anthony Muhlenkamp - 314-725-7777;, Frank, Juengel & Radefeld, Attorneys at Law, P.C. Feel free to call or email me for a free consultation. However, please be advised that answering questions on this webpage is done to provide general information only and that by responding to a question we have not established an attorney client relationship. In order to establish such a relationship we would need to meet in person and go over more details of your case. Thank you.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer