How can I receive a pardon/expungement for a reckless endangerment PBJ that is prohibiting me from receiving employment.

Asked about 1 year ago - Baltimore, MD

my charges was assult 1 and 2, failure to injure with a weapon, and reckless endangerment. i was found NOT guilty for those, but received pbj for a reckless endangerment for 6 months .. this need to be removed so i can receive employment in my field of work .PLEASE HELP

1. Bennett James Wills

Pro

5

Answered . PBJ's are eligible for expungement as at charges that end up being not guilty or dismissed. After you have finished your probation period is when you may file for the expungement. There are forms online that you can fill out at http://www.courts.state.md.us/expungement/ . Or you can have an attorney do it for you. I would be happy to speak with you further if you would like to call or email.

2. William Lawrence Welch III

4

Answered . You might not need a pardon, because PBJ is usually eligible for expungement, which would clear that up the public record anyway. Information about expungement is available on the forms tab for District Court at mdcourts.gov. An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.

3. Mark William Oakley

3

Answered . Not guilty charges normally can be expunged immediately, but if they were charged along with other offenses arising out of the same incident, then expungement depends on whether the other charges can be expunged, if at all. So long as you received a pbj on the only other related charge, then you can expunge all of the charges at once at such time as you are eligible to expunge the pbj charge. Generally, you have to wait three years to expunge a pbj charge, but it is possible to expunge it sooner so long as you have successfully completed your probation. Contact a lawyer if you are unsure how to proceed.

4. Catherine Elizabeth Woolley

2

Answered . Persons who receive a PBJ are eligible for expungement three years after the expiration of probation. Someone automatically eligible likely can do it themselves by filling out the forms and paying the filing fee. If someone is seeking an early expungement, then a petition must be filed with the court and a hearing set, where an attorney may be of great assistance.

5. Daniel J Wright

1

Answered . Normally you need to wait three years from the date you received the PBJ in order to apply for expungement, but if you can show "good cause" -- such as the impact on your job -- you can apply earlier. There is no harm in applying earlier.