How can i prove that this person is sexually harassing my coworkers?

Lansing, MI |

A new worker, who is not even 20 years old, has been sexually harassing my employees by staring at their sexual organs. I have put hidden camera's up in different locations but we have not been able to find any quantifiable evidence supporting their claim. He only seems to do this to a few, but people have begun to gossip. I believe he may of stopped after hearing about it. I want to know a few things. How obvious and how long does this staring have to be considered quantifiable evidence? How many times do we have to catch him staring to have a case? Can my employees purposely try and make him stare by always being in his view when he works, or can he use this against us? If we catch him trying to hide this staring, can it be considered as evidence?

How do you know he is just avoiding eye contact? Why are you assuming that it is the sexual organs he is staring at? Is he an at will employee? If so, you do not need a reason to terminate his employment. Why would you ask your employees to be sexually harassed by asking them to trap him? It appears that this could lead to your liability. You need to talk to a lawyer before you do anything else that could result in liability to you.

It is what the employees have told me. I see no reason as to why they would lie to me about a serious matter like sexual harassment. I am upset because I cannot find any evidence, but they are all convinced he stares at them. I have not asked them to trap him; from watching the tapes i can see that they are so desperate that they purposely try and make him stare by getting into his view (Ex. bending down when he is walking in their direction, to make it look as if he is staring at them). Therefore it either means he knows what they are trying to do or he doesn't do it.

David B. Carter Jr.

David B. Carter Jr.

If these other employees are bending down in fromt of him he could claim they are sexually harrassing him.

I always think it is wise to visit with an attorney who specializes in sexual harassment cases and discuss these matters in detail and get legal advice as what would be your best course of action. Avvo website is a great place to begin your search for an attorney.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/