Skip to main content

How can i prove my childs mother to be unfit?

Atlanta, GA |

My childs mother left the state of Georgia leaving my son with her mother , he was only 2 months. She was only suppose to stay for the weekend, which turned into 3 months. When she wore out her welcome in Alabama she came back. Now she wants to file for child support and I want to file for custody of my son. How do i prove her to be an unfit mother? She wants to be taken care of by the state and my child.

Attorney Answers 1


Whether your child's mother is unfit is for a judge to determine, and the standard that is applied in custody matters is what is in the best interest of the child. Leaving the child with her grandmother by itself may not rise to the level of unfit. The analysis you are seeking is very complex and I would highly recommend that you speak with an attorney in person. There are many qualified attorneys on Avvo and anyone at my office would be happy to speak with you.

This answer is for informational purposes only and cannot be construed as creating an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful