How can I prove I have a US Domicile?

Asked over 1 year ago - Streamwood, IL

I am the petitioner. They ask me to prove my US Domicile since on the I-130 I said I lived outside the US. On the form I put a different address from the one I had. And now I changed my address and I want to know if the change of address confirmation will help, or maybe a letter from my old school, or registering to vote since I also changed the address of my license. All this I did it online because I am out of the US. What else can I do if I' m not in the us to get a bank account or things like that! Thank you for your time.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

16

Best Answer

Answered . Do you have a residence in the U.S.? If so, submit rent receipts, utility bills, paycheck stubs, etc.

2. Ian Edmund Scott

4

Answered . A home, family or job in the U.S. will all help.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . If you don't live in the US .. you don't have a US domicile.

Driver license, employment records, tax returns, monthly bills, monthly bank statements ... these are the things that people who are domiciled in the US have ready access to.

You should consult with an attorney.

You may need to 'return' to your US domicile before your spouse will get his/her visa.

Yes, this may require leaving your spouse for a while ... to give you time to re-establish your domicils

4. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.