How can I prove I didn't commit a parking violation?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Seattle, WA

I received a parking ticket today for being in a 2 hour zone without a zone 4 permit. I assume this means I was there longer than two hours. The time on the ticket is four minutes after I parked and lists the location as 18th Ave, but I was on 19th Ave. As I read it, I am not in violation of anything. My question is, if I contest it, how can I go about proving my case? I was in the process of moving a friend from his condo to his new house and was with the movers all day, who could testify to my whereabouts.

1. Vitaliy Kertchen

Pro

1

Answered . http://web1.seattle.gov/sdot/seattleparkingmap/

Use that tool to make sure what kind of parking zone you were parked in.

2. Sean Patrick Lewis

1

Answered . Did any of them see your car parked on 19th around the time of the ticket? Can you prove that your car was elsewhere 10 minutes to 90 minutes before the ticket was written?