How can I protect myself from my family Baker acting me or locking me up prior to my chance to fight against Marchman Act in FL?

Asked 12 months ago - Boynton Beach, FL

I was in treatment 4 times for alcohol. Alcoholism is a disease of mind/body and an alcoholic will not get better/stop until THEY are ready. My father recently Baker Acted me. Unfortunately I reached point of willingness to heal and move forward and accepted the truth - Due to my history family doesn't trust or believe me and my dad is an attorney and family uses law to threaten me. I am trying to do this correctly and sanely; however the added "help" from family is hurting and making it worse for all. What I need is what I'm doing - AA, church/prayer, changing lifestyle, etc. -----me being locked up doesn't work/help. Please advise how to proceed as well as my rights without parental control. Now sober and not a danger to myself or others. Want my life/career.

1. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . They best way to fight is to hire an aggressive attorney, hopefully, someone who knows about addiction.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239
  2. William Charles Rosenfelt

4

1

Answered . Does your family threaten you when you are sober? If they do not, then your sobriety is key to avoiding legal problems. Fortunately or unfortunately, you can be subject to different types of involuntary help if you are engaging in activity that is dangerous to yourself or others. You are lucky to have people in your life that care enough about you to insist that action is taken actively to control your disease. And if you want a life/career, how is what they are doing stopping your and/or affecting your career? It would seem that sobriety would be the best for you. Good luck!

3. Carin Manders Constantine

4

1

Answered . You do not mention your age, but list parental control when asking about your rights. How old are you and are you currently seeing a substance abuse counselor?