How can I protect myself from false Elder Abuse Charges from persons unknown?

Mom rolled out of bed Tuesday of last week. I assessed her condition before picking her up. I didn't think anything was broken and got her back up on the bed. I re-evaluated her condition and she stated both hips hurt. She got up to go into the bathroom on her own and was walking as normal. But, to be safe, I took her to the hospital in my car. During the care at the hospital, the nurse found mom had a rash on her groin area and the Nurse took pictures of it. I later saw the Police out in the hallway and they kept looking in at me. Mom had not broken anything and then doctor gave me a powder for her rash. Yesterday I received a visit from Adult Protective Services and discovered there was a charge of Elder Abuse made.

San Leandro, CA -

Harry Edward Hudson Jr

Harry Edward Hudson Jr

Personal Injury Lawyer - Stockton, CA

You hire an attorney. Period!

Christopher John Gansen

Christopher John Gansen

Personal Injury Lawyer - Los Angeles, CA

Hire a criminal defense attorney, most likely. These sound like false charges but you have to address them.

DO NOT TALK TO INVESTIGATORS. Get a lawyer.

Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Personal Injury Lawyer - Berkeley, CA

Get a Criminal lawyers and make no statements even if you want to. This is real life and not TV. Do not make any more statements to police or investigators. Do not post any more comments on this forum. Best of luck.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

By simply hiring a lawyer.