How can I protect my wages and home while paying off a judgment against me by my HOA?

Asked about 2 years ago - Laurel, MD

My HOA filed suit against me for unpaid fees and a judgment was entered. The lawyer also filed a notice of lien against me in my county Prince George's and also recorded the judgment in Baltimore County, where their office and the HOA is located. I have already paid about half of the judgement off, but I am worried about the fact that there are judgments in two counties. The lawyer also said they won't release the lien unless the judgment plus fees are paid. The Court records list only the judgment amount there is nothing in there about attorney fees or other Court costs. I am concerned because I don't want to pay this off and the lawyer still attempt to go after my pay or my property. I have asked the HOA's law firm if I could enter a formal payment agreement and they said no.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Robinson Sean Rowe

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Once you have proof of payoff, they must release the lien and judgment. That would be an immensely stupid move for any lawyer/law firm to refuse to acknowledge satisfaction of judgment - inviting lawsuit.

    Once you pay everything off, send a letter for a release and satisfaction - if they don't offer it to begin with.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,443 answers this week

2,719 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,443 answers this week

2,719 attorneys answering