How can I proceed with the divorce my wife filed but refuses to finish?

Asked over 1 year ago - Hesperia, CA

My soon-to-be ex-wife filed for divorce in March 2011, I responded. Nothing further happened until I filed an At-Issue Memorandum and we had our hearing in February 2012 where my ex was ordered to prepare the final judgment. In November 2012, my ex finally tried filing that packet for the first time since February and it was returned to her due to needing an updated FL-170. She tried again in December 2012 and was rejected again for the same reason. Two months later, she's done nothing more. In March, it'll be two years since she filed. Even though she was previously ordered to prepare the judgment, what can I do to further the divorce proceedings?

1. Martha Bronson

1

Answered . I agree with counsel. Use the copies of the documents your ex used and use the updated form which you can get at the following link:
    http://www.courts.ca.gov/forms.htm?filter=DI. If you found this helpful and/or the best answer, please let the attorney know and check the box on the bottom indicating so. Thank you and best of luck.

2. Cathleen Elisabeth Norton

Pro

1

Answered . Even though she was ordered to prepare the Judgment package, she is obviously having problems submitting the appropriate forms. If you both have a signed Stipulated Judgment, and all of the forms are signed, then you can prepare the Judgment package and submit to the court. If you need help with that, you can go to the Family Law Facilitator's office for help. I'm sure you are eager to be done with it so I'd suggest taking care of it yourself. Good luck.

3. Michael Douglas Shafer

Answered . You file it and be done with it.