How can i proceed?what document do I need to get USA VISA if i am a refugee in Central Africa Republic with my refugee passport

Cincinnati, OH |

i am an ivorian refugee in central Africa Republic since 2006 and i have all my refugee's documents like refugee passport. Things were going well but wright now i can't stay here again cause of war, insecurity and others problem. so i just want to go to to USA to take a new departure

Agree with prior responses and just to add to them:

If you've been registered with UNHCR as a refugee, then you need to follow up on that application and figure out how to get your case moving toward resettlement. If you haven't, then that is what you need to do to get started (figure out how to get to UNHCR and IOM). You may be allowed to express a desire for the USA, but whether the USA will accept you is a different story. Unfortunately, this process takes time - sometimes months, sometimes years. If you were able to get to the USA some other way, then you might be eligible to apply for asylum in the USA. The only other option I can think of is if you already have family in the USA who are in a position to petition for and sponsor you.

2. You do not seem eligible for any type of visa to come to the U.S. You could try the UN Refugee Agency to apply for refugee status elsewhere.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

3. I agree with Atty Berman.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

4. I agree with my colleagues.

216.861.4414
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brown-immigration.com

Robert Brown LLC
    1468 W.9th St., Suite 800
    Cleveland, Ohio 44113