How can i proceed?what document do I need to get USA VISA if i am a refugee in Central Africa Republic with my refugee passport

Cincinnati, OH |

i am an ivorian refugee in central Africa Republic since 2006 and i have all my refugee's documents like refugee passport. Things were going well but wright now i can't stay here again cause of war, insecurity and others problem. so i just want to go to to USA to take a new departure

Agree with prior responses and just to add to them:

If you've been registered with UNHCR as a refugee, then you need to follow up on that application and figure out how to get your case moving toward resettlement. If you haven't, then that is what you need to do to get started (figure out how to get to UNHCR and IOM). You may be allowed to express a desire for the USA, but whether the USA will accept you is a different story. Unfortunately, this process takes time - sometimes months, sometimes years. If you were able to get to the USA some other way, then you might be eligible to apply for asylum in the USA. The only other option I can think of is if you already have family in the USA who are in a position to petition for and sponsor you.

Good morning Mrs Roberts, thank you very much for your reply, it will be very hepfull for me. I just went to ask you one question. I don't have a direct member of my family in USA but i have some friends and there are able and ready to help me. I just went to know how can they proceed to make a petition to sponsor my application? Thank you in advance. Kind Regards

Kara Lien Roberts

Kara Lien Roberts

Forgive the delay in response, but there is no way for a friend to sponsor you. Sponsoring is usually with family or an employer or school (student visa), so there must be a basis for the petition/sponsoring. Your best shot is to probably keep asking questions of UNHCR and IOM (as often and politely as you can) until you get answers/direction.

You do not seem eligible for any type of visa to come to the U.S. You could try the UN Refugee Agency to apply for refugee status elsewhere.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Than you all for your reply!!! the UNHCR agency here is not very fonctional cause of security and the reasstlement will not be possible for many year again. Can i found and organism of other association that can sponsor my application to go to USA legally?

I agree with Atty Berman.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I agree with my colleagues.

Robert Brown LLC
1468 W.9th St., Suite 800
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

Recommended articles about Immigration