How can i prevent my husband from being deported?

Sterling, VA |

i have gotten a lawyer and filed a family petition although i do not know if that will be enough to keep him here if the petition gets approved. I have no illness or children. Just want opinions.

This is a very broad question. We need to know a lot more to be able to give you a clear answer. To get a second opinion on available options, you should consult a lawyer individually.

Ismail T. Shahtakhtinski, Esq.
I.S. Law Firm, PLLC
1199 N Fairfax Street, Suite 702
Alexandria, VA 22314
(703) 527-1779
ismail@islawfirm.com
www.islawfirm.com

The information provided in this answer is designed to provide useful information and background materials about I.S. LAW FIRM, PLLC. The information provided is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and I.S. LAW FIRM, PLLC. Any communication, including electronic mail, through this website may not be confidential or privileged. For legal advice, you should consult with an attorney familiar with your circumstances and seek the advice of counsel in the appropriate jurisdiction. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision and should not be based upon written descriptions of I.S. LAW FIRM, PLLC’s experience. Every case is different and similar results may not be obtained in your case. I.S. LAW FIRM, PLLC does not endorse or sponsor any links from this website to other websites and has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for their contents.

This is very general question which cannot be sufficiently answered in this forum. Is your husband in removal proceedings before the immigration court? You should seek the advice of an immigration attorney to analyze the facts of your specific case, such as the difference of filing a family petition if you are a citizen or a lawful permanent resident, whether your husband entered legally or illegally, whether he needs a waiver and if so what hardship is present. An attorney would analyze all criminal or immigration violations to determine all possible grounds of inadmissibility and advise you if any relief is available.