How can i prevent my husband from being deported?

Asked about 1 year ago - Sterling, VA

i have gotten a lawyer and filed a family petition although i do not know if that will be enough to keep him here if the petition gets approved. I have no illness or children. Just want opinions.

1. Ismail T. Shahtakhtinski

1

Answered . This is a very broad question. We need to know a lot more to be able to give you a clear answer. To get a second opinion on available options, you should consult a lawyer individually.

Ismail T. Shahtakhtinski, Esq.
    I.S. Law Firm, PLLC
    1199 N Fairfax Street, Suite 702
    Alexandria, VA 22314
    (703) 527-1779
    ismail@islawfirm.com
    www.islawfirm.com

2. Elizabeth Guckes Heetderks

1

Answered . This is very general question which cannot be sufficiently answered in this forum. Is your husband in removal proceedings before the immigration court? You should seek the advice of an immigration attorney to analyze the facts of your specific case, such as the difference of filing a family petition if you are a citizen or a lawful permanent resident, whether your husband entered legally or illegally, whether he needs a waiver and if so what hardship is present. An attorney would analyze all criminal or immigration violations to determine all possible grounds of inadmissibility and advise you if any relief is available.