How can i prevent my husband from being deported?

Asked about 1 year ago - Sterling, VA

i have gotten a lawyer and filed a family petition although i do not know if that will be enough to keep him here if the petition gets approved. I have no illness or children. Just want opinions.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Ismail T. Shahtakhtinski

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . This is a very broad question. We need to know a lot more to be able to give you a clear answer. To get a second opinion on available options, you should consult a lawyer individually.

    Ismail T. Shahtakhtinski, Esq.
    I.S. Law Firm, PLLC
    1199 N Fairfax Street, Suite 702
    Alexandria, VA 22314
    (703) 527-1779

    The information provided in this answer is designed to provide useful information and background materials about I.... more
  2. Elizabeth Guckes Heetderks

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . This is very general question which cannot be sufficiently answered in this forum. Is your husband in removal proceedings before the immigration court? You should seek the advice of an immigration attorney to analyze the facts of your specific case, such as the difference of filing a family petition if you are a citizen or a lawful permanent resident, whether your husband entered legally or illegally, whether he needs a waiver and if so what hardship is present. An attorney would analyze all criminal or immigration violations to determine all possible grounds of inadmissibility and advise you if any relief is available.

Related Topics

Immigration court

Immigration court is a division of the US Department of Justice that oversees and decides cases involving immigrants facing deportation.

Deportation process

The deportation process can be long and frustrating, but there are some important things to remember as you navigate the immigration courts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,864 answers this week

3,250 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,864 answers this week

3,250 attorneys answering