How can I place a judgment against someone who owes me money?

Asked about 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I leased an apartment on my name for a friend of mine and she made the monthly payments for the duration of the lease and went month to month for 4 months thereafter. After that she "supposedly" submitted notice to the leasing office that she was moving out and did not pay for the remaining 2 months. When I was finally contacted it was by a collections agency and I ended up having to pay $7,500 within just 3 days of the news. When I contacted her she said that she gave proper notice but just could not find the letter nor receipts for the last 2 months of rent. She then instantly transferred me $1400 to help with the first payment to the debt collection agency since then she will not answer my calls or texts. What can I do? I have stellar credit and would never do this to any one.

1. Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Pro

Answered . You can sue her in small claims court without an attorney.