How can I pay two tickets without going to jail after they turned into warrents?

showed up to court for both tickets but never paiid the fine and now they must have turned into warrents

Phoenix, AZ -

David Kephart

David Kephart

Criminal Defense Attorney - Phoenix, AZ

You need to appear in court and ask to get set up on a payment plan. It's generally helpful to come to court with some money to apply towards the unpaid fines. You should also be aware that your license is now suspended because of your failure to pay your fine.

Brent D Harris

Brent D Harris

Criminal Defense Attorney - Flagstaff, AZ

You could also send a letter to the court asking for a payment plan, an order to show cause hearing so you can explain to a judge what happened (it helps if you make substantial payments prior to seeing the judge, or he may toss you in the can), and asking that your warrants be quashed. If you try to do this through the PD they will arrest you and you will wait to see a judge, so I'd try real hard to work something out with the court - first over the phone or by mail (can't arrest a letter), then in person. As my colleague mentions your license is suspended, and you're subject to arrest at any time, so moving quickly is important.

Andrew Stephen Roberts

Andrew Stephen Roberts

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Thousand Oaks, CA

Contact an AZ traffic ticket attorney. You probably have to appear in court.

Related Advice