How can I pay two tickets without going to jail after they turned into warrents?

Phoenix, AZ |

showed up to court for both tickets but never paiid the fine and now they must have turned into warrents

1. You need to appear in court and ask to get set up on a payment plan. It's generally helpful to come to court with some money to apply towards the unpaid fines. You should also be aware that your license is now suspended because of your failure to pay your fine.

Attorney David Kephart is an experienced Criminal Defense Trial Attorney and Jury Consultant. He is the recipient of the Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice President's Award and the recipient of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers Commendation for Excellence in Trial Advocacy. His response to your question is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice, does not create an attorney/client relationship, and does not create a right to continuing email exchanges.

2. You could also send a letter to the court asking for a payment plan, an order to show cause hearing so you can explain to a judge what happened (it helps if you make substantial payments prior to seeing the judge, or he may toss you in the can), and asking that your warrants be quashed. If you try to do this through the PD they will arrest you and you will wait to see a judge, so I'd try real hard to work something out with the court - first over the phone or by mail (can't arrest a letter), then in person. As my colleague mentions your license is suspended, and you're subject to arrest at any time, so moving quickly is important.

Anyone viewing this web site should not act on any information contained on this site without seeking professional counsel from an attorney. Use of this web site and/or transmission of information to the firm is not intended to create, and should not be construed as creating, an attorney-client relationship with the firm or any of its attorneys. If you choose to communicate with the firm or any of its attorneys or other personnel through this web site, do not transmit any confidential or sensitive information by e-mail until you have spoken to an attorney from our firm either by telephone or in person. This web site may be considered advertising under applicable laws and ethical rules. The Law Offices of Brent D. Harris, PLLC do not seek to represent anyone in any state where lawyers in the firm are not admitted to practice, or in any state where this web site fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state.

3. Contact an AZ traffic ticket attorney. You probably have to appear in court.