How can I pay my fines and get a warrant dismissed in Colorado?

Asked over 2 years ago - Warner Robins, GA

I missed a court date while living in Colorado by one day on a license plate and insurance hearing. I went to court on the wrong day and was informed it was the day before. I could not cancel my flight out so when I arrived in the state I am living in now I called and explained what happened. I was told that a warrant was issued for failure to appear and that I could come in anytime and see the judge. The bond for FTA is $500.00 plus whatever the other fines are. It is impossible for me to travel back and take care of this. Is there any way I can take care of the fines and have the warrant dropped without appearing in court? I don't want to go to jail or neglect my obligations but I cannot travel back right now.

1. Noah Howard Pines

Pro

Answered . You need to hire a lawyer to help you resolve this issue.

2. Brett Ladd

Pro

Answered . Good lawyers have done this sort of thing all the time. Hire one in Colorado. Good luck.

3. Derek Michael Smith

Pro

Answered . Your best bet is to contact an attorney in the area and see if they can appear for you to get the case taken care of.