Skip to main content

How can I pay my fines and get a warrant dismissed in Colorado?

Warner Robins, GA |

I missed a court date while living in Colorado by one day on a license plate and insurance hearing. I went to court on the wrong day and was informed it was the day before. I could not cancel my flight out so when I arrived in the state I am living in now I called and explained what happened. I was told that a warrant was issued for failure to appear and that I could come in anytime and see the judge. The bond for FTA is $500.00 plus whatever the other fines are. It is impossible for me to travel back and take care of this. Is there any way I can take care of the fines and have the warrant dropped without appearing in court? I don't want to go to jail or neglect my obligations but I cannot travel back right now.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Your best bet is to contact an attorney in the area and see if they can appear for you to get the case taken care of.

  2. You need to hire a lawyer to help you resolve this issue.

  3. Good lawyers have done this sort of thing all the time. Hire one in Colorado. Good luck.

    You can contact me at my office at 770-744-4211 or by email through this website. The questioner and any reader do not have an attorney-client relationship formed by our communications on this website. Advice given by me on this website is general advice based on partial information. You should not rely on any advice given without first hiring a lawyer in the area where the case is pending, and providing that lawyer with full information.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics