How can I oppose post judgement interrogatories when I am already liquidating asset to satisfy a judgement?

Albany, NY |

I have a judgement entered against me and I am currently liquidating asset to satisfy it. But the opposing counsel is forcing discovery / interrogatories on me. How can I oppose?

1. You can't. The creditor is entitled to the discovery unless you pay off the judgment in full.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.