How can I open a bank account for an LLC ? I'm on my H4 visa . And what taxes will the LLC attract ?

Minneapolis, MN |
Filed under: Immigration Business

I want to open an LLC but I will not be employed by it . I want a working bank account in the name of the LLC . I'm on my H4 visa . Is it legal ?

Yes it is legal. Request an EIN number from the State department and that should be sufficient to open the bank account. That is for the work bank account though. It sounds from your description that you will actually be working for the LLC and this is prohibited under H-4. You should speak to an immigration lawyer to make sure you do not put your H-4 status at risk.

The content of this answer has been prepared by Scott Legal Services, P.C. for general informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and should not be considered or relied upon as legal advice. Transmission or receipt of the content of this information does not create, nor is it intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Because each matter involves differing facts, online readers should not act upon the content of this website without seeking legal advice.

Bruce Givner

Bruce Givner

Ian is correct.

I agree with my colleague

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Bruce Givner

Bruce Givner

Samuel is correct.

Please see the answer to your other question.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Bruce Givner

Bruce Givner

Mr. Ferrari is correct.