How can I obtain legal assistance with a Motion pursuant to CPL 440.10, either pro bono or paid?

Albany, NY |

I have been working diligently on compiling a motion pursuant to C.P.L. 440.10 on the grounds of ineffective assistance of counsel, actual innocence, newly discovered evidence, and prosecutorial misconduct. I am not an attorney; however I am currently in school for paralegal studies. The motion is for my husband who was wrongly convicted in Kings County, NY., under D.A. Charles Hynes, in 1990. I have most of the paperwork organized; however I feel that a qualified attorney should look it over and possibly submit to the courts. I do not have a lot of money but after 23 years I am willing to do what I can to help get my husband home.

Kings County is often tops on the list for prosecutorial misconduct cases. You need a criminal defense lawyer to assist you. These can be hard cases, especially after so much time and given that there are certain due dilligence requirements regarding new evidence. I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers.

Eric Rothstein
11 Park Place, Suite 1100
New York, New York 10007
Phone: 212-577-9797
Email: Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com
Web site: www.RothsteinLawNY.com
Free consultations by phone or in person

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Our office handes these motions all the time... we do not do pro bono work however, you would have to hire us... good luck

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes