How can I obtain legal assistance with a Motion pursuant to CPL 440.10, either pro bono or paid?

Asked over 1 year ago - Albany, NY

I have been working diligently on compiling a motion pursuant to C.P.L. 440.10 on the grounds of ineffective assistance of counsel, actual innocence, newly discovered evidence, and prosecutorial misconduct. I am not an attorney; however I am currently in school for paralegal studies. The motion is for my husband who was wrongly convicted in Kings County, NY., under D.A. Charles Hynes, in 1990. I have most of the paperwork organized; however I feel that a qualified attorney should look it over and possibly submit to the courts. I do not have a lot of money but after 23 years I am willing to do what I can to help get my husband home.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

1

Answered . Kings County is often tops on the list for prosecutorial misconduct cases. You need a criminal defense lawyer to assist you. These can be hard cases, especially after so much time and given that there are certain due dilligence requirements regarding new evidence. I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers.

Eric Rothstein
    11 Park Place, Suite 1100
    New York, New York 10007
    Phone: 212-577-9797
    Email: Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com
    Web site: www.RothsteinLawNY.com
    Free consultations by phone or in person

2. Carlos Gonzalez

Pro

Answered . Our office handes these motions all the time... we do not do pro bono work however, you would have to hire us... good luck