How can I obtain a copy of my child's German report of birth, he was born at the Landstuhl Army Hosp. in Germany in 1965?

Asked over 4 years ago - Houston, TX

My husband was in the Air Force at the time (now deceased), we are both U.S. citizens. I did not know to have the birth registered with the U. S. Consulate.

The original German birth record has been lost.

My son was never added to my passport because we flew from Germany to England in an Army plane and no one questioned why my 9-mo. old was not on my passport. He is now 44 years old and has never had a social security card or any official documentation of citizenship.

I have corresponded with the U.S. Dept of State and the U.S. Dept. of Justice but to no avail.

If we can secure a copy of the birth record, I believe I may be able to apply for a certificate of citizenship or a passport which will validate his citizenship.

1. Nicklaus James Misiti

Answered . contact the hospital

2. Shah Iqbal Nawaaz Peerally

Answered . This a unique question. I will advise hiring a lawyer with good contacts in Germany to help.

Good Luck
    Shah Peerally
    Founder and Managing Attorney of Shah Peerally Law Group PC
    The Law Firm Deals in Immigration law & Debt Relief

Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.