How can I obtain a form call affidavit of service?

Lockport, NY |

I am trying to file a Request for Judicial Intervention against the city and I already serve them papers of my intent so now the county clerk say I need a Affidavit of service.

1. Try the Unified Court System Website.
    http://www.nycourts.gov/

Rory Alarcon, Esq., is a New York attorney practicing the areas of Family Law, Matrimonial Law, Foreclosure Defense, Consumer Defense and other areas of general practice primarily in Suffolk & Nassau County. His office, Alarcon Law Firm, practices only in New York State and offers the best attorney rates in the Long Island area. His office may be reached at (631) 867-2348.

2. Here's a link to a sample -- http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/6jd/tompkins/ithaca/affidavitofservice.pdf

This is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This is for education and informational purposes only. It is always recommended that you contact an attorney with any concerns as each individual case is unique.

3. You will likely have to have the papers served again. Since it appears that you are a party in this case, the CPLR does not allow you, personally, to serve such papers on an adverse party. You will need a nonparty over the age of 18 the serve the city and to complete the affidavit of service.

McGrath Law Firm, PLLC www.thebuffalolawyer.com Buffalo, NY Attorney-Client Relationship - The materials provided on this website are intended for informational purposes only. These materials are not intended and should not be interpreted or considered legal advice. The information provided by this site is not an invitation to an attorney-client relationship. A reader of this site should not rely on the information provided here for any purpose. Readers are reminded to always seek legal advice from an attorney duly licensed in an appropriate jurisdiction. Additionally, any communication via e-mail, phone, or other form, are not intended to solicit or create, and does not create, an attorney-client relationship between this firm and any third party. Legal Warranty - This website provides general information and may not reflect all current legal developments. You should not take action based on the information provided by this website. The law is ever changing, and facts and circumstances are critical to assessing a legal claim; therefore, information provided by this site may not be applicable to your particular situation, and should not be perceived as legal advice or opinion.