How can I obtain a form call affidavit of service?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lockport, NY

I am trying to file a Request for Judicial Intervention against the city and I already serve them papers of my intent so now the county clerk say I need a Affidavit of service.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Rory M. Alarcon

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Try the Unified Court System Website.

    Rory Alarcon, Esq., is a New York attorney practicing the areas of Family Law, Matrimonial Law, Foreclosure... more
  2. Bennett James Wills


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Here's a link to a sample --

    This is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This is for education and... more
  3. Edwin Drantivy

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered .

  4. Peter McGrath

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You will likely have to have the papers served again. Since it appears that you are a party in this case, the CPLR does not allow you, personally, to serve such papers on an adverse party. You will need a nonparty over the age of 18 the serve the city and to complete the affidavit of service.

    McGrath Law Firm, PLLC Buffalo, NY Attorney-Client Relationship - The materials... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,665 answers this week

2,910 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,665 answers this week

2,910 attorneys answering