How can I now my immigration status after I Quit with an H1B and may be the company didn't reported ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Denver, CO

My H1B visa expires in 2014. I Quit in Feb 2012 and I remain in USA till today. Is there some way to find out my status in immigration? I want to be sure if the company reported to immigration. What happens if they did not reported and my visa expires in 2014? Could I change my employer duet to I have right now a job offer, could I go for that, just in the case that the company did not informed that I am not any more working there?

1. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . Its simple. Your status automatically ends with your job.

2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

3

Answered . Whether the company informed the USCIS or revoked their petition, it does not matter to your status. Once you quit, your status ends unless you ported to a new employer or joined an employer with an approved petition. You are continue to stay you adversely affect future visa applications.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . I agree - you are out of status, reported or not. You have to leave as soon as possible.