How can I negotiate for a diversion program in the Los Angeles Courthouse?

I am suspected for misdemeanor. I am scared that this might appear on my record. I am willing to travel land and sea to get a diversion program. I was told that Los Angeles courthouse only offers diversion programs for drug cases, but I read a post for an attorney recommending a defendant to push for a diversion program. This is my first time offense. I am a hard science student and I was planning to work as a scientist for any of the following entities: the state of California, Los Angeles County, San Diego County, or even Los Angeles City or San Diego City.

Van Nuys, CA -

Sharon Paris Babakhan

Sharon Paris Babakhan

Criminal Defense Attorney - Glendale, CA

Diversion programs are available in most courthouses for other non-drug offenses. It all depends on your attorney and the DA and the negotiations between them. Depending on the facts of your case, the DA may or may not agree with it. again it all comes down to negotiations.

Sharon Paris Babakhan
(818) 480-3571
www.sharonbabakhanlaw.com

Sponsored Listing
Jeffrey Dean Schwartz

Jeffrey Dean Schwartz

Criminal Defense Attorney - Mckinleyville, CA

Most courts have diversion programs for this kind of offense. It usually involves some educational courses about the dangers of this kind of conduct. Once completed a court may require you to stay out of trouble for six months or a year then dismiss the case. A lawyer familiar with the Van Nuys Court will know all of the alternatives. You want to get yourself a local lawyer who knows the ins and outs of the Van Nuys court.

Don't be discouraged I think with some effort you'll be able to work something out where your record will be cleaned up through a diversion program or some other arrangement.

If you can afford a lawyer then you should get one. If not address this issue with the public defender who will be appointed on your case.

Jerod Gunsberg

Jerod Gunsberg

Criminal Defense Attorney - Beverly Hills, CA

I regularly handle 647(b) cases out of VN. No diversion programs, but other solutions if handled properly. Call me if you'd like to discuss.

Michael Kevin Cernyar

Michael Kevin Cernyar

Criminal Defense Attorney - Long Beach, CA

I have handled many cases in Van Nuys. Although diversion may not be an option for this charge, there are many other alternatives. I wish you the best.

Related Advice