HOW CAN I NAME A PRODUCT AND IT BE.....

Asked over 1 year ago - Cincinnati, OH

My product and my name are different, in law how can both names indicate that they are one in the same? This is so that I do not give the appearence that I am representing a entity as Pro Se. The product name is not a legal entity.

1. Brandi Nicole Buchenau

3

1

Answered . This question is very confusing. I recommend contacting an attorney for a consultation. Many Attorney's offer free consultations and can give you an idea what you need to do to accomplish your goals.

2. Frank Anthony Natoli

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . I agree with the others that you should maybe ask this question again so it is clear.

But to take a stab at it, your business name can be one name (XYZ, Inc.). Then you could be doing business as (DBA) Fuzzy's Bar. This DBA may also be used as a trademark and registered with the USPTO.

Most of us here, including myself, offer a free phone consult.

Best regards,
    Frank
    Natoli-Lapin, LLC
    (see Disclaimer)

3. Kerry Blasingim

2

1

Answered . Could you please clarify what you're looking to do? Are you asking how to legally protect a product name and associate it with your business? If that's the case, you want to file for a trademark to protect the brand name you're giving to your product or products. I don't understand what you mean by pro se - that refers to a legal proceeding (a lawsuit or such), not a business venture.

4. Maurice N Ross

Pro

2

1

Answered . Branding your product is a very important and complex business and legal decision. You should not make this decision without retaining experienced intellectual property counsel. If you do not have a budget for IP counsel, then frankly you are not ready to produce and brand this product---there is nothing more critical than laying the proper legal foundation, including branding. It never ceases to amaze me how often companies make huge branding mistakes because they did not want to spend the money and time required to work with IP counsel. All sophisticated companies include IP counsel at the table with their marketing, promotional and business experts, all of whom are integral members of the team that brings a product to the market. Even though you may be a small entrepreneur, there are no shortcuts here---you need to retain experienced IP counsel to guide you. Otherwise, frankly you are spinning your wheels to nowhere.

5. Gene Bolmarcich

Answered . Kudos to all the attorneys who took a stab at this one!