How can I move out in the state of Texas

Asked almost 2 years ago - La Porte, TX

I was wondering if it is possible to move out of your parents house at age 17 in the state of Texas without being emancipated and not having the police forcing you to come back home or being labeled as a runaway? and what is the penal code regarding to this situation? and would i be able to go live with a friend without them getting in trouble?

1. William Tyler Moore Jr

Pro

1

Answered . Why are you so anxious to get away? If you're being abused or harmed, call law enforcement or CPS and make a report. If you're just having trouble following rules, you're out of luck. If you can support yourself and have a valid reason to be "emancipated" then you may file a petition for emancipation and ask the court to remove your disabilities as a minor. Moving in with a friend will only expose the friend to legal problems. How much longer do you have until you turn 18? I suggest talking to an experienced family law attorney to figure out an answer.