How can I make them stop her?? Started Deck on Fire!! Barbecue use upstairs deck!

I have told this upstairs neighbor, apt mgr and fire dept. following fire caused by using bbq upstairs on deck. above my patio, attached to my apt too! fire dept came in june 2013, put out fire, neighbor still continues using bbq. kept documentation of dates and times of use following reported "warnings" by apt manager. she's at it again today!! I dont know who to contact or if it's a law or how to make her stop. I'm fearful she will start a fire again and cause serious damage or fatality. she is above my apt directly.

Portland, OR -

Golnar Sargeant

Golnar Sargeant

Litigation Lawyer - Irvine, CA

If it's an emergency, then call the police and fire department. If they say it's not against the law, then your neighbor can do it. If you live in an HOA, then see if the CC&Rs address the issue. The HOA must enforce the CC&Rs.

Related Advice