How can I make sure a Loan company is Legit? I applied for a loan online and they contacted me.

Asked almost 4 years ago - Nashville, TN

Since I have bad Credit & no collateral or co-signer. She Said I could pay three advance payments. They emailed me the contract and after reviewing it, I looked for the finance company and the Law offices that they claimed that reviewed the contract. I couldn't find any info on the company or Law company online. Also looked on the US and Canada BBB site and nothing came up. Looked up the phone number and nothing came up. The website said they were established in 2008, the contract said they were established in 2007. The contract was written up in MS word, most people convert over to a PDF file before emailing. The website doesn't look professional or interactive like most sites. So there are several red flags to me, however sometimes things can be legit even though it doesn't look like it

1. Susan Pernick

Answered . Run, don't walk, from these people. Your instincts are probably right. As you know, virtually everyone and everything is on the net.

You can ask them what state they're incorporated in, and check on-line with that state's secretary of state's listing of corporations. You can also ask what state their attorneys are admitted in, and check on-line with that state's bar admissions listings.

The corporation and the attorneys should be listed in every state where they do business. These people sound like they belong in jail. If they don't check out on line, call the police.

DISCLAIMER - THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, AND NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED. THIS IS FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY.

2. Jonathan H Levy

Answered . Advance Loan Scam. Don't believe me, check the BBB link below.