How can I make someone stop spreading lies about my family?

Asked over 1 year ago - North Myrtle Beach, SC

I had a disagreement with someone recently about her behavior in my home and now she is on a mission to go around to every parent of my child's friends and making bold lies to alienate her friends from her. Thing is, she did nothing wrong! Now her friends aren't allowed to speak to her anymore and it's really hurting her. What can I do about this? How do I make her stop? She is completely unreasonable to deal with and fabricates things and swears them true. I am beside myself with all of this and my child is suffering at her hand. How do I stop this?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Spend a couple hundred bucks for a local lawyer to send a cease and desist letter if you don't think this is going to stop.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755
  2. Sean Michael Patrick

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Depending on what the lies entail, and wha ttype of suffering you have experienced, you may have a claim for defamation. However, you will have to have an attorney review the specific facts underlying your situation. Best of luck.

    I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,789 answers this week

3,175 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,789 answers this week

3,175 attorneys answering