How can I make someone stop spreading lies about my family?

Asked over 1 year ago - North Myrtle Beach, SC

I had a disagreement with someone recently about her behavior in my home and now she is on a mission to go around to every parent of my child's friends and making bold lies to alienate her friends from her. Thing is, she did nothing wrong! Now her friends aren't allowed to speak to her anymore and it's really hurting her. What can I do about this? How do I make her stop? She is completely unreasonable to deal with and fabricates things and swears them true. I am beside myself with all of this and my child is suffering at her hand. How do I stop this?

Pro

4

1

Answered . Spend a couple hundred bucks for a local lawyer to send a cease and desist letter if you don't think this is going to stop.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. Sean Michael Patrick

2

1

Answered . Depending on what the lies entail, and wha ttype of suffering you have experienced, you may have a claim for defamation. However, you will have to have an attorney review the specific facts underlying your situation. Best of luck.