How can I make someone stop spreading lies about my family?

North Myrtle Beach, SC |

I had a disagreement with someone recently about her behavior in my home and now she is on a mission to go around to every parent of my child's friends and making bold lies to alienate her friends from her. Thing is, she did nothing wrong! Now her friends aren't allowed to speak to her anymore and it's really hurting her. What can I do about this? How do I make her stop? She is completely unreasonable to deal with and fabricates things and swears them true. I am beside myself with all of this and my child is suffering at her hand. How do I stop this?

Depending on what the lies entail, and wha ttype of suffering you have experienced, you may have a claim for defamation. However, you will have to have an attorney review the specific facts underlying your situation. Best of luck.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

Spend a couple hundred bucks for a local lawyer to send a cease and desist letter if you don't think this is going to stop.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755