How can I make someone move their mobile home off of my property?

Asked about 2 years ago - Sugar Land, TX

I have inherited all the land. There is a manufactured home on the land that someone is residing in, the home belongs to them. Can I make them move the home off of my land? If so, how do I proceed?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Andrew Daniel Weisblatt


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Probably so. There are a bunch of facts which would need to be discussed before a definite answer could be given. For instance, how long have they been living there, did they have a lease with the people from whom you inherited the land, was that lease recorded, and others. I suggest you discuss this with a lawyer to see what can be done.

    My comments are based only on the information presented in your question. I have not been retained as your lawyer,... more
  2. Robert Lincoln

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . I agree with the answer that you need to talk to an attorney. To make the best use of that time, gather all the documents that you can about the property. Get the deed from the estate, or if there is some other paperwork, have whatever probate or other documents demonstrate that you now own the land. If you have any information about the mobile home and its owner, when it was put on the land, etc., get all of that together too. Does it have electricity? Whose name is on that bill? Same for water or sewer, if the land has those.
    Good luck.

  3. Dotty Elaine Lemieux

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . If they have a lease of some sort, it may still be in effect even though you bought the land. If they are trespassers or their agreement was only with the original owner, you will probably have to start an eviction proceeding. But without knowing more, it is impossible to say. They may even have a life estate or some other arrangement allowing them to be there, but all this should have been disclosed to you when you bought the property. If not you may well have a cause of action against the seller, the broker and realtor. It all depends on the facts. If these people were in plain site for you to see, you may be presumed to have knowledge of them without anyone telling you.

    What do the people there say? Ask first, then if need be, see a good lawyer to advise you.

    This response is not to be construed as establishing an attorney-client relationship, and provides general... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,754 answers this week

2,985 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,754 answers this week

2,985 attorneys answering