How can I legally get out of my lease?

Asked about 2 years ago - Rochester, MN

My landlord has lied about me having a criminal record, refused to make deductions in rent he promised and has repeatedly harassed me

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Howard Aaron Lazarus

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . In most cases, if you are on a month to month lease, you can get out of it by giving at least 45 days written notice. Review your lease document, if there is one, and get a landlord-tenant attorney.

    This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,930 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,930 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering