How can I know the strength of my EEOC charge regarding that I'm still employed with the same employer and haven't got fired yet

Dearborn, MI |

the charge category national origin and retaliation I have excellent management and human resources background and 4 year degree overseas working as a cashier going to complete the second year with the employer not being considered to any promotional opportunities or open position is it A1, A, B, C strength while been working too hard and I felt they were trying to fire me or cause me bad records

I agree with my colleague. It's difficult to know how strong your case is until you hear back from the EEOC. Have you actually filed a charge with the EEOC? Or are you just asking whether you should? And have you already filed a charge with the Michigan Department of Civil Rights? If you haven't already, you should do so immediately. If you request a complete copy of your employment file from your employer, they are required to provide it to you. I suggest that you request your file so that you can see whether there are any negative reviews or anything that you don't know about. Once you've done those two things, I suggest that you contact an attorney who represents plaintiffs in employment-related matters like yours. Most such attorneys, myself included, offer free consultations. Many such attorneys, myself included, may be willing to handle your matter on a contingent fee basis if they feel you have a strong case. I hope this helps, and I wish you luck. Take care.

My discussion with you regarding the question you posted on Avvo does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is my response to your question to be considered legal advice. While I do my best to provide helpful responses given the factual scenario presented, proper analysis of any matter requires a more in-depth conversation than what is practical on Avvo. If you are a member of the military, or if an immediate family member of yours lost his or her life while fighting for our country, I am proud to offer a 10% discount on my fee.

2. Simply put, you don't know what the EEOC investigation has revealed yet, if anything.

3. Will I win if I buy this lotto ticket?
    That's your answer.
    NO lawyer can possibly tell you if you're going to win.
    That would be malpractice.

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.

4. Just an FYI - since you have reported a suspected violation of law (illegal discrimination and/or harassment) to the EEOC you may have set yourself up to have a good Whistlblower Protection Act case when or if your employer does termination you, demote you or otherwise adversely effect your employment. Mind you p's and q's because chances are the employer is looking for you to do something wrong so that it can claim it has a legitimate reason for ending your employment. They may even make something up. If you do get terminated, then under the whistleblower act you will only have 90 days to file suit. So keep that in mind.

Each employment situation has unique facts and circumstances. This means that information and advice cannot be taken literally and should be used as only informational. The information provided here is not legal advice and should not be interpreted as such.