How can I know the outcome of my asylum interview?

Columbus, OH |
Filed under: Political asylum

Hello,

I entered the United States as an F-1 visa, it's been 5 months that I am here living in a community housing with no job, no school, nothing...

I had my asylum interview in March 2010 in Chicago, and it lasted almost 2 hours. the Asylum officer asked for additional evidence that i could send to him within a week, which I did...
now I am waiting, with my situation getting worse and worse..
Is it because maybe he didn't get that evidence that he's not making any decision on my case?
Do I have to call them?

1. You are free to call them. Sometimes, it takes around 90 or longer to answer. Why you think he did not get your documents? Do you have proof, you sent it? Always keep a copy and send stuff by registered mail. If the case takes longer, you might want to have an immigration attorney to help.

Good Luck
    Shah Peerally

Founder and Managing Attorney of Shah Peerally Law Group PC
    Law Firm Deals in Immigration law & Debt Relief

Note: The above answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney client relationship is created unless a retainer is signed by the attorney and the client.