How can i hide my civil court records from the public?

Asked over 2 years ago - Bradenton, FL

i am trying to rent an apartment and i have three evictions right now. i was only aware of one to my knowledge. now i am having problems with renting.

1. Paula Brown Sinclair

1

Answered . One of the best things about our system of laws is that they are not secret. Due process rights are guaranteed by our Consitution, and our courts are public. Law do protect from public view certain items of information (such as SSNs due to identity theft concerns) and certain types of cases, such as child protection actions but the vast bulk of court proceedings and records are open. Every court has a procedure for sealing some part or all of a record, but only when there is an exceptionally good reason. Your poor record for eviction is the kind of information the public should be able to access.

Best wishes for a better understanding of our legal system, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.